Thursday, January 22, 2009

Some sites I found

So, here I am waiting for the new episode of Bones to come on and I thought, why not see if I can find anything interesting to add to my blog?! I believe I have told just about everyone in the class about Anthony Bourdain's trip to Ghana--here's a link to a clip from the episode, unfortunately the whole episode isn't available online. I also found a project PBS has called Global Cafe. They've spotlighted a few countries, interviewing peace corps volunteers and students from the country being featured. The focal point it education. I thought it was interesting and enlightening given our discussion of education earlier the week and my own limited knowledge of the education system in Ghana. Also, I don't know if you guys are into following the news in Ghana, but my favorite place to check from time to time is a news site call Worldpress.org. It's a nonprofit that collects and translates (when necessary) world news. You can search news by world region or country, the site also provides maps, and has CIA stats. Their url is just http://www.worldpress.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment